The ONE Group are working with an incredibly cool company based in Cambridge.
They are extending their team with a number of experienced FPGA Digital Design Engineers for their small, but steadily growing organisation. We can consider experienced people at different levels of their career.
They're well established and specialise in developing and manufacturing solutions for cellular and bespoke communication markets. Products include 5G NR, LTE, UMTS and GSM basestations, which utilise their own hardware platforms, digital front-ends, physical layers and protocol stacks. Not only that, but they also undertake contract design and development projects, based on their vast cellular protocol knowledge and IP!
The culture within the team is friendly and inclusive and they have a genuine passionate for engineering. It will help massively if you are likeminded and enjoy tinkering around with technology as a hobby. You should also be eager to take responsibility and advance your career.
Working within the 3GPP Physical Layer Digital Design team, contribute to the design and development of SDR based products, including cellular basestations and other wireless radio protocols. Working across a range of technologies including embedded hardware and software, radio, digital signal processing (DSP), communication stacks and physical layers. As a manufacturing company, work covers the whole product lifecycle from concept through to production and support.
- 3GPP physical layer RTL design using Verilog-2001 for Xilinx/AMD 7-series and UltraScale+ FPGAs including the implementation of new designs, extending existing RTL
- Analyse requirements for new/modified products and contribute to the creation of new project plans
- Deal with support issues related to existing products, including liaising with colleagues to find solutions
Must Haves - can you tick these boxes?
- Minimum of MSc from an excellent university, in a suitable subject covering digital RF, digital signal processing, digital electronics, Verilog or VHDL and communications theory
- At least 1 year's work experience
- Proficiency in Verilog-2001 or VHDL
- Experience with C or C++ coding for embedded systems
- Proven track record in the product development cycle, from requirements capture, through to design, implementation, test and support
- Willingness to work with an existing code base - i.e. not only on clean-sheet new designs, but including the maintenance and ongoing development of mature RTL
- Happy to work on-site, occasional remote working available
What other experience would give you the edge?
- 3GPP 5G NR or 4G LTE physical layer RTL design
- Vector signal generators and analysers e.g. R&S SMW, FSV/FSW
- Mentoring and supporting other more junior team members
- Systems engineering
- Project leadership, including estimating resource requirements and project planning
- Customer Support
- Continuous integration test systems such as TeamCity, Jenkins etc, including the creation of test cases
- Genuine opportunities to develop your career through a variety of projects
- Regular internal knowledge sharing workshops
- Generous annual bonus
All the other extras you might expect from a young, hi-tech company!