An opportunity for a Global Service Manager has become available within a team based in St Ives, Cambridgeshire. The company design and manufacture special purpose industrial machinery and their products are in all corners of the world.
As well as looking after UK customers, you will be overseeing areas such as the USA, Europe, South America, Thailand, India, Indonesia, Japan and Malaysia!
Full product training will be provided. There will be frequent and regular overseas travel to support engineers. This attracts an additional OTE which can take your salary up to around £60k. When not traveling, you will be based at the workshop/office in St Ives, so should live close to the area.
- Develop and implement service standards and procedures
- Supervise the service delivery team
- Maintain customer relationships and improve response and delivery times
- Update service methods to improve overall efficiency
- Resolve any service problems and customer complaints
- Advise customers on equipment operation, care and maintenance
- Arrange overseas travel for yourself and other engineers by liaising with customers and agents
- Provide costing information for quotes for service work and breakdown visits
- Manage van stock control where additional parts are required for special visits
- Provide team members with information needed for special upgrade or overhaul work
- Solid knowledge of Hydraulics, Pneumatics and electrics
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong leadership ability and team spirit
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Superb organisational skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
What's in it for you?
- £45k (£55-£60k OTE for overnight allowance)
- 25 days holiday (lieu days gained from weekend travel)
- Company Pension
- Private health cover with overseas travel insurance
- Company credit card for travel
- Company Mobile phone
This company look after their staff very well and consequently, people seem to stick around for many years. For more info on the role, please contact Jen Richardson or Bryn Jones at The ONE Group on 01223 237 888.