This Cambridge based team are hiring graduates for Autumn 2022 and are looking for a Hardware Design Engineer to join their small, growing team. Unlike many companies who advertise for experienced candidates, this team believe in nurturing engineers who are early in their career. You will be offered mentorship from senior engineers and encouraged to develop your skills and grow within the business.
They make radio products and work across a range of technologies including embedded hardware and software, radio, digital signal processing communication stacks and physical layers, and the entire product life cycle from concept through production and into delivery. Products include 5G, 4G, 3G and 2G cells, using their own unique SDR platform.
The culture within the team is friendly and inclusive and they have a genuine passionate for engineering. You should be likeminded and keen to advance your career. To be considered, you will need to have recently gained (or predicted) a good degree in a relevant engineering discipline and have an interest in working in mobile communications and/or embedded systems. You're probably someone who enjoys tinkering around with technology as a hobby! You must have full right to work in the UK - the company is unable to provide sponsorship.
- Capture and analyse customers' requirements and contribute to hardware design
- RF and digital circuit design, typically using Orcad for schematic capture and Mentor Graphics tools for PCB layout
- RF component test and characterisation using oscilloscopes, signal generators and spectrum analysers
- Evaluate the latest integrated circuits for new R&D projects and investigate suitability against 3GPP specifications
- Excellent degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering, covering one or more of: Electronics, Wireless Communications, Signal Processing, Software Engineering or a comparable discipline from a good university
- Have covered analogue electronics, transistor operation, transmission line theory and related circuits
- Have covered the theory and operation of some of the components that are often found in radio frequency circuits, eg: low noise amplifiers, mixers, oscillators, filters, ADC and DACs
- Creative, with a structured approach to problem-solving
- Confident communicating and collaborating within a small team
- Ambition for self-improvement and personal development
- Good time-management skills
- Digital communication systems
- Familiarity with at least one programming or scripting languages
- Mobile telephony systems, such as 5GNR, LTE, UMTS and GSM
- RF and Microwave circuit design
- Analogue circuit design and CAD simulation.
Along with a competitive salary and generous annual bonus, the company are also offering a great set of additional benefits. Get in touch for details!