At The One Group, we are fortunate to work with many start-ups and we are proud to be supporting this one, exclusively.
This University spinout based in Cambridge are taking one of the world's most fascinating 2D materials and with it, creating chips that are low cost, have a small carbon footprint and will enable secure 5G networks of the future at very high speeds!
As the company grows within both its Cambridge based hub and their Pisa based cleanroom facility, a key position which we are recruiting for at this time is a Grant Fund Coordinator.
Based in Cambridge, but with some travel to Italy involved, your role will be to develop the technical mission and lead grant funding applications. As the company grows, your role will develop and expand. We are looking for someone with that 'start-up mentality' who will be dedicated to helping to grow this organisation.
A good proportion of the work can be carried out remotely and we could consider someone looking to work from Pisa rather than Cambridge.
- Lead submission of grand funding apps, ensuring costs are estimated, reported and tracked
- Involvement with the submission of equity funding and forecasting associated costs
- Work with funding organisations, customers and collaborators as the face of the company
- As the company grows, drive technical developments and lead intellectual property rights
- Involvement in research with some hands-on lab work
Who are You?
This role is not just for a 'Grant Writer'. We are looking for someone with a technical background (ideally a PhD) in optical electronics/photonics/semiconductors or quantum technology.
Perhaps you have been a researcher and are now looking to transition into a commercial role, where you will be encouraged to develop and grow your business leadership skills whilst still maintaining and being highly respected for your technical ability.
What else will You need to have?
- Evidence of successful grant applications, through H2020/Horizon Europe or Innovate UK, and working with partner organisations
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Italian language skills would be extremely useful, though not essential
- Right to live and work in the UK and happy to travel
They are a diverse team who are offering a great package and career development within a secure industry which will thrive.
Get in touch for further information and we would love to tell you more about them!