There's a lot of hype about Graphene and this company are currently doing some fascinating things with it. And they're actually commercialising it, too!
Their solid-state devices need to be evaluated through modelling and simulation and this is where the Modeller will come in.
The role is based in Cambridgeshire and there is a generous package on offer; including sponsorship and a relocation package if you should need it!
- Taking ownership of graphene-based solid-state devices
- Together with R&D, incorporate research results into device models
- Report, summarise and present your methods and findings to decision makers
- Support collaborations with the customer to meet their requirements
- Masters or PhD from a respected university in an appropriate field
- Experience of simulation of solid-state physics and light/matter interaction - Specific topics might include electron and heat transport models within a semiconductor device
- You know how to build basic models of essential physics and appropriately develop these into FEM simulations of devices and systems
- Able to come up with technology solutions and solution selection based on technical merit
- Problem solver
- Able to present complex technical information to audiences with a range of technical ability
If you would like to be part of this team who are key-players in their field, get in touch for a conversation.