If you are an experienced Hardware Engineer with superb academic credentials and proven technical capabilities, The ONE Group would like to hear from you.
It's important to mention that this organisation works with the UK's Defence and Homeland Security, so it is vital that you are able to gain UK Security Clearance.
This is predominantly a site-based position (there will be some flexibility to work remotely), based within outstanding R&D facilities in the South Cambridge area. You will work on a variety of interesting, innovative projects which will contribute to the protection of the UK from the latest technological and cyber threats.
Working in a small, talented cross-disciplinary team, you will be joining the organisation at an important time, as they prepare to quadruple in size within the next 5 years. This is a highly educated and skilled team of scientists, engineers and designers.
This role will take you through the whole product life cycle, taking clients' requirements, design and developing, documenting and testing and delivering through to production. There will be some incredibly interesting things for you to work on.
- Excellent education record with a superb degree in a relevant subject from a well-renowned university
- At least 2 years' proven experience demonstrating your technical capability, including the design and development of technology solutions.
- Knowledge of interfacing to high and low speed peripherals, running simulations and testbenches and performing hardware-level debugging
- Experience in defence would be a bonus
Experience in two or more of the following areas:
- Practical experience of working on systems integration
- Circuit design and schematic capture, ideally in Altium
- Collaborating with Software Engineers on system architecture, interfaces & hardware procurement
- Harmonising conflicting system requirements using expert knowledge of component capabilities
- Excellent salary in line with your experience
- Annual bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Private medical cover for the family
- Free lunch and refreshments
- Life insurance worth 6x salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, with the option to return part-time for a year
- Use of on-site gym, restaurant and coffee shop
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- A range of fun activities including squash, Zumba, yoga, arts and crafts, running clubs - even a company rock band!
- Discount on memberships for local sports facilities and theatre discounts
- A comprehensive relocation package, including relocation support
- A dedicated career coach and the scope to continuously develop and broaden your expertise
- Autonomy and flexibility to give you an effective work-life balance
- Flat hierarchy across the organisation