I am working with my client to find an experienced Electronics Hardware Support Engineer to join a growing team and well-respected business. Based just outside of Cambridge, this is a key role within the electronics team dedicated to working on issues that arise within manufacturing.
You will have excellent electronics fault finding skills, be able to read schematics and be very thorough with documentation. Diligence is also a crucial aspect as any changes made could have a significant aspect on volume production. You will work collaboratively with different teams within the business to investigate issues relating to electronics and take responsibility for resolving any post-development hardware support issues, including anything from customer reported issues, factory production-line issues or validating obsolescence alternatives.
Your day to day will involve:
- Taking full ownership of a variety of hardware support issues and seeing them through to full resolution
- Working with a variety of stakeholders to understand task priorities and business impact
- Working with a variety of different teams to investigate issues and coverage on a resolution.
- Investigating electronics related issues in the lab using a variety of test equipment
- Assessing component and part obsolescence alternatives
- Ensuring any resolutions are thoroughly tested and verified
- Updating documentation
- Working closely with suppliers to communicate and resolve any issues
- Progress reporting to internal customers and line manager
So….. what do we need you to bring along in your personal toolkit?
- Minimum of 5 years electronics experience within industry
- Degree qualified within a relevant discipline
- Excellent electronics fault-finding skills
- Able to confidently use a variety of lab test equipment
- Able to confidently read schematics and PCB assembly diagrams
- Able to confidently read component datasheets
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and written/verbal communication skills
- MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Self motivated
- Excellent attention to detail
If you can do this for us, we want to offer you:
- A salary in the region of £50,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience
- Flexible working hours
- Pension, dental care and healthcare
- Discounted gym membership
- Subsidised hub on site restaurant
- Large, free car parking on site and the availability of car charging points
- Social events and activities
Have we passed the 'final test' or if you are still 'go/no go', get in touch by applying with your CV today for us to have a further confidential chat about the role.