Our client, who has a large presence within the Biopharmaceutical Industry, is looking for an Import Specialist to join their expanding team near Royston on the Permanent basis.
This role will sit within the supply chain/ operations function to enable trade activities across the UK. You will be working in a team and proactively supporting the business in the UK on all import relevant topics and exports related to returns.
This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to develop and progress their career as an Import Specialist.
Your duties are, but not limited to;
- Reviewing monthly reports and VAT certificates from HMRC to ensure they match the records, notifying any anomalies to the finance team.
- Liaising with transport carriers and providing import clearance instructions in line with Customs Procedure Codes/commodity codes, duties and taxes.
- Reviewing import documentation provided by carriers to ensure that customs entries are correct.
- Checking and approving import transport/ charges invoices to ensure that invoiced amount is correct.
- Record keeping and administration of all imports and exports (Export and Import Logs).
- Tracking incoming shipments up to arrival in the UK.
- Record keeping and processing of any cross border transactions between the UK and Republic of Ireland.
- Organising international shipments/ returns with carriers.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of UK Customs and Excise as well as import and export commodity codes.
This is a great role for someone who have experience in either sales orders, shipping or warehousing environment or role. If you are self-motivated, have great organisational and communication skills, this role may just be for you.
You must have Intermediate to Advanced Excel knowledge to apply to this role.
Our client is offering the salary up to £23,000 depending on the experience.
For more information, please call Inga on 0745 0466 734.