IT Assistant - Training Provided
No IT experience required, you will start as an IT Assistant and will be trained on the job shadowing the current IT manager and IT support analyst .
You will help deliver help desk support to stores across the UK for their tills, computers, telephones and router equipment, as well as providing support for office and warehouse users.
This role is a rare entry level IT position that doesn't require a degree or commercial IT experience.
- Providing a Help Desk facility for colleagues in store and at HO, both hardware & software during all trading hours
- Record and monitor the progress of faults to till systems & other computer equipment
- Monitoring, maintenance & documentation for all computer hardware, software and networks
- Co-ordinate till installation and uninstallation
- Planning of hardware requirements
- Replacement of old hardware
- Assist in the procurement of prices of new hardware and software for HO, the warehouse and stores
- Configuration & set up of new hardware and software at HO, warehouse and stores
- Undertake software updates, as necessary
- Document all landlines and contracts including fault rectification and HO changes
- Undertake phone and data cabling
- Set up and maintenance of mobile phone/email
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- Highly motivated and able to work on own initiative whilst also able to operate effectively as one of a team.
- Analytical skills with ability to make timely informed decisions
- An effective communicator both verbal and written
- Ability to plan, co-ordinate and prioritise a busy workload
- Experience of IT support & network infrastructure within a domestic environment e.g. for friends & family
- Genuine interest in the rapidly changing field of IT
- Knowledge of Windows, iOS & Android systems
- Possess a Full UK Driving Licence