You will be a hands on member of team and assist with assembly of various products. This role is key to production and involves working with other members of the team. Mostly working on piping, hosing and valves, the Manual Welder will be confident at manufacturing materials as detailed on engineering diagrams.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primarily TIG welding 316 tube and pipe from ¼" up to 4" and also bracketry
- Set-up and layout jobs using engineering drawings, diagrams, and fixtures.
- Preparation of materials to be welded including drilling and mating face preparation.
- Following welding procedures to TIG weld in all positions including the use of rotary turntables for manual welding.
- Inspect and maintain equipment needed for welding and fabricating.
- Assess and inspect welds to ensure they are clean, free of error and in accordance with relevant welding codes. Visual weld inspection cracks, inclusions, and porosity.
- Carrying out welding operations in accordance with appropriate welding procedure specification and tight tolerances
- Requirement to do other fabrication work and assembly of manifolds as required.
- Experience of working in a similar manufacturing environment
- Experience in reading and understanding engineering drawings
- Able to use various hand tools whilst adhering to H&S procedures
- Previous experience in working with extremely pliable material
- High attention to detail
- Good team player; able to communicate well others
- Organised and able to prioritise workload to ensure products can be dispatched on time