We are recruiting for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join an expanding team in the Royston area. The company design and manufacture equipment for the biotech industry and are looking for someone who can interface with various teams across the business.
Great transport links from Cambridge/Royston/London.
- Ensuring engineering issues are resolved to achieve Production/Materials customer delivery dates and targets
- Managing the cut-in of Engineering changes to Production/Materials
- Working with suppliers on quality/process capability/cost-down
- Liaising with Development to resolve any product technical issues
- Ensuring smooth transfer of new products into Production using established NPI process
- Involvement with the Product teams from product concept stage onwards
- Producing BOM and cost-estimation tracking
- Implementation of good manufacturing methods and practices
- Taking responsibility for the quality of the products shipped
- Continuous improvement of products
- Ideally 3+ years' working in a similar role with complex electro-mechanical products
- Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant engineering subject is a big plus
- Proven track record in a high technology manufacturing or assembly business
- Good understanding of modern manufacturing processes
- Exposure to relevant product design processes
- Demonstrable experience of practical problem solving and team working
- Ideally 3D Mechanical CAD experience, preferably Solidworks
- ERP systems experience would be beneficial
This is a great company to work, not only for the generous benefits, but for its warm, inclusive, friendly culture and opportunities. For more info, get in touch!