A small, but very successful team based just north of Cambridge have a new opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing NPI Engineer. The role has become available due to expansion.
The company are 20 people strong and have been around for over 10 years now, are based just outside the city and are easily accessible from Cambridge or Ely, with loads of free parking. They also have a shuttle bus which runs from Cambridge North station. They manufacture radio-based products and are looking for someone who has experience taking an electronics project from prototype and pilot through to volume production. Ideally with experience in RF, but this can be taught.
In this role you will collaborate with the R&D team, manage BOMs and component issues, ensure quality, maintain the PLM system and work with suppliers and contract electronics manufacturers.
A typical day includes…
- Manufacturing data and BOM management
- Supporting R&D on production related issues, (yield, tooling, test etc)
- Liaise with CEMs on builds, managing elements of the supply chain, etc
- PLM and quality process development
- Handling EOL
- Working with operations for stock control and customer orders as well as helping with any shipping and logistics.
- Providing ECNs and deviations
- Creating documentation and instructions to CEM for assembly and box builds
- Ideally a degree in a relevant field
- Around 5 years' experience in a high-tech R&D environment, ideally with electronics knowledge
- Understanding of RF would be beneficial
- Knowledge and understanding of common manufacturing processes
- Confident using PLM and quality processes for high volume manufacture
- High quality documentation skills
- Any experience in implementing from scratch PLM and quality systems such as Arena, Omnify, Agile etc would be very useful
- Some experience in technology transfer of products between CEMs would be helpful
This company are extremely friendly and they have a flexible working environment. Their benefits are generous (there's a bonus!) and they encourage staff to develop their careers.