The ONE Group are delighted to be recruiting for this prestigious R&D consultancy based in Cambridgeshire. They pride themselves on pushing technical boundaries and making breakthroughs in innovation. If there is a 'world's first', they are often involved.
This position is for a Material Scientist who has experience working with fibre-based materials and packaging:
- Degree in Materials Science or Engineering, or Chemical Engineering, or 5+ years' experience working with packaging materials
- Working knowledge of how materials science interfaces with packaging processes
- Polymer chemistry experience
- Process instrumentation and control logic experience
- Knowledge of fibre-based material process improvements and controls
- Demonstrable experience driving and delivering R&D programmes involving fibre-based materials, such as paper, including formulations and chemical behaviours during manufacturing
- Experience of lab analysis for mechanical and chemical performance
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving ability to determine failure or success of products
- Excellent project management skills
What else would be useful?
- Experience in hydrophobic sizing being involved in the application and technical support in the development of all types of neutral and speciality sizing
- Ability to develop, optimise, and validate barrier assessment methodologies (e.g., developed materials which could be used as barrier against grease, moisture, and/or oxygen)
- Expertise in material/process optimisation delivering improvements in energy use, reduced environmental impacts and quality improvements
- Some level of expertise in sustainability
- Experience with Moulded Pulp and Composites manufacturing technique and processes
- Working knowledge in food manufacturing and GMPs
- Basic understanding of sustainable bio-based materials, or polymers materials in general
- Experience working with cellulose or other biopolymers
What's in it for you?
- You will join a company who embrace diversity, individuality and who are committed to supporting you develop your career
- Superb salary dependent on your level of experience
- 15% Bonus
- Pension, where you contribute 3% and the employer contributes 8%
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + the opportunity to 'buy' up to 5 extra days
- Medical cover
- Flexible, hybrid working
…. And much, much more!