The ONE Group have partnered with an organisation in Royston and are seeking a Mechanical Assembly Technician to join their team. They design and manufacture lab equipment for the drug discovery and drug development industry and are very good at what they do!
This is the perfect role for an entry level technician looking to improve their skills.
There are excellent cycle, train and road connections from Royston or Cambridge
- Mechanical assembly of electro-mechanical products covering the whole range from simple sub-assemblies to final instrument build and test.
- Working to build instructions to produce work of consistent high quality
- Sub-assembly, building, FAT testing and recording of results
- Keeping build records for work undertaken
- Participation in team meetings as required, including daily start-up meetings
- Working with engineers to improve build quality and efficiency
- Mechanical / Electrical Engineering qualification or significant experience of assembling scientific instruments or other precision products
- Ability to technically review a problem and figure it out
- Not afraid of difficult or challenging problems.
- Experience of modern manufacturing principles, techniques and systems
The company offers generous benefits and a decent salary. There's also a great culture in the team and opportunities to develop!