If you're a Design Engineer, looking to find a varied role where you can work on the design and development of high tech, zero emissions engines then I have the role for you!
This company is working to battle air pollution, greenhouse gases, and food waste - by developing a range of zero-emission technologies powered by liquid nitrogen. They apply these technologies in refrigerated transport, built environment and commercial vehicles. The open-plan office has a real collaborative feel to it, with everyone working together to achieve a greener, cleaner world.
Reporting to the Head of Design, Mechanical and Systems Integration, you will look to manage design development of an engine application or group of sub-assemblies of the engine and various systems it is integrated with. This may include management of a small team's analysis, concept selection and detail design.
Day to day activity will include:
- Co-ordinate with the Head of Design to manage work requests and engineering changes and to allocate appropriate resource to complete them.
- Responsibility to oversee detailed design of components, assemblies, systems, and test rigs. Items to be used in the company's development and test operations. Use of tolerance studies and ISO 8888 Standard GD&T.
- Liaison with analysis and operations functions, providing technical details and incorporating product requirements.
- Contribution to supplier selection and liaison.
- Reporting on project and work package process at group review meetings.
- Assist in the continuous development of company standards and procedures relating to design and drawing control.
- Contribute to materials selection and liaise with structural analysts.
- Development and maintenance of appropriate risk, design, and development management procedures.
What is required:
- Relevant degree of qualification in Engineering.
- Typically, 2 or more years' experience of working in a relevant Engineering discipline such as engines, heat transfer, refrigeration, or power systems in a design role.
- Experience of liaison with customers of suppliers.
- Use of SolidWorks or similar 3D CAD package.
- Use of Ansys or similar FEA package.
We're looking for a self-motivated, proactive & professional Design Engineer that is ready to be part of something incredible.
If the role sounds of interest click to apply and Kieran Evans will be in contact to discuss the finer details.