This Mechanical Technician position will give you the genuine opportunity to develop your career within a fantastic organisation who look after their people. Based in north Cambridge, this global company work within the semiconductor industry and manufacture some of the most high-tech systems in that market.
Working within their Production team, you will be supporting the mechanical installation and build of assemblies, including some quite complex sub-assemblies. You will need to be a skilled Technician who can read engineering drawings.
This is a standard day shift role, but you may be required to be flexible from time to time as the workload demands.
- Component / specialist sub-assembly manufacture
- Working to detailed engineering drawings
- Use of basic machine shop equipment
- Fabrication and orbital / manual welding (training available)
- Liaise closely with the Production Supervisor and the engineering team to ensure that products are completed on time and built to the technical brief
- Possibly some occasional national and international travel
- Good mechanical assembly and testing background, preferably with a technical qualification
- Excellent practical and technical skills
- Understanding of engineering drawings and principles
- IT literate with accurate data recording ability
- Vacuum leak testing experience would be very helpful
- Orbital / hand tig welding experience would be a bonus
What's in it for you?
- 30 Days' holiday annually, plus bank holidays
- Special recognition awards of £500
- Free complimentary lunch, every week!
- Free fruit, tea & coffee
- Free parking
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Income protection
- Life insurance
- Sick pay
- Employee assistance programme
- Generous pension
- Occupational health
- Training & development
- Wellbeing activities