We have partnered with a world-renowned manufacturer based in Bedford who are looking for a Multi-Skilled Facilities Technician to support a site that operates 24/7.
Working on a 3-shift basis rotating over 6 weeks, you will work a mix of early, late and night shifts. This means that every 6 weeks, you will get a whole week off. This is in addition to 24 days holiday per year!
Other benefits on offer to you are: Private Health Care, Life Assurance 5x your basic salary, 6% Pension, Annual Profit-Sharing Bonus paying up to 8%, Discounts on Cinema, Health Cash Plan enabling Dental and Optical Care, Canteen, Free Parking, Electric Car Charging facilities and more!
Reporting to the Facilities Supervisor and as part of a small, friendly team, your role will include:
- Maintenance & Repair of Manufacturing facility, plant equipment and office spaces
- Daily checks of vital equipment and monitoring results
- Installation of new equipment
- Continuous Improvement
- Able to demonstrate good mechanical / electrical engineering understanding, ideally with a suitable qualification
- General DIY skills and superb use of tools
- Knowledge and experience with pumps, fitted pipes, etc
- Understanding of PLCs
- Able to quickly diagnose and repair faults
- Experience working with plant machinery, including water and gases (e.g. Hydrogen / Nitrogen)
- Excellent teamworking skills
- You are good at coming up with ways to improve processes
- Ability to document information accurately
- Experience of working with equipment suppliers, subcontractors and service engineers
- Ideally some experience of working rotating shifts
- Enjoy working as part of a small, close-knit team!
This is a fun place to work, where people stay for years and years. There's a great vibe within the team and also the wider business. If you are interested in a varied role in a place where you are valued and respected, please apply!