Ti piacerebbe lavorare a Pisa, Italia? 🍕
The ONE Group are working exclusively with a young start-up with Cambridge based roots, but who operate within a class 100/1000 cleanroom in Pisa.
Founded in 2018, they are integrating 2D materials with semiconductors to meet the next-gen requirements of the telecommunication industry. Their platforms include Silicon Photonics, Graphene Photonics, Glass and Nitride, thin-film LN, Hybrid Integration and Advanced Packaging.
The person we are looking to find for them, is an Opto-Electronic Packaging Engineer (Advanced Packaging) to join a small team of talented engineers. This is a unique opportunity to make a difference and work on something revolutionary! If you have deep expertise in packaging, then we would like to hear from you.
The Role / Il Ruolo
- Design the package layout according to the project requirements, including optoelectronics performance, reliability and environmental aspects
- Develop and consolidate innovative packaging technologies and process flows, including process setup and optimization of specific processes
- Take the technical lead of R&D and industrial projects in collaboration with the front-end, PIC design and system integration groups
- Support the technical operations of the Advanced Packaging Laboratory, contributing to the equipment maintenance and stable operation
About You / A Proposito Di Te
- MS or PhD in Physics, Engineering, Material Science, or equivalent
- Previous experience in a clean room facility, packaging line or optical/electrical IC testing laboratory
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: CAD design of micro-optical systems and/or high frequency interconnects (tens of GHz); thermo-mechanical simulation of optoelectronics package; package design, assembly and testing for high-rel applications (e.g. space-grade photonics)
- Hands-on experience in microelectronics and/or photonics packaging technologies, e.g. die attach, flip-chip bonding, wirebonding, solder reflow, optical alignment of fiber optics and active devices, validation and qualification testing
- Up to date on new packaging technologies and new approaches
- Strongly practical and creative attitude to problem-solving
- Good communication and teamwork
- Fluent in English (Italian is a plus)
- Eligibility to work in Italy
We have been fortunate to visit the company's R&D site in Pisa. Located close to the city's charm and culture, they boast excellent facilities and promote friendly, open and trusting teamwork.
For a confidential exploratory conversation, please apply.