This Cambridge based organisation are offering you a generous set of benefits, along with the opportunity to work with a team who are identifying and commercialising some breakthrough technologies of the future!
Joining the High Thermal Conductivity Materials team, the position of PostDoc Researcher (Organic Chemistry) will allow you to contribute to the development of composite materials for the thermal management of electronics. This will include the synthesis of thermally conductive polymers and the functionalisation of inorganic fillers. You will also work on new innovation projects and investigate cutting edge research topics and global materials development challenges!
The role, in a nutshell:
- Develop new, High Thermal Conductivity Materials to meet application specs
- Synthesis, purification, and characterisation of novel materials
- Come up with proposals to adapt and improve novel materials
- Identify IP, file invention disclosures and give feedback to ensure high quality patent applications
- Work offsite, at partner organisations where in house evaluation or synthesis is not possible
- Rigorous analysis of experimental results to draw conclusions and propose directions for further material development or collaboration
- Report findings and formulate recommendations
- Actively contribute to new project ideas for market needs, sustainability goals, business alignment and novel material ideas
What do you need to apply?
- PhD in Organic Chemistry
- Demonstrable experience designing and successfully synthesising novel organic molecules
- Ability to follow and record data accurately and follow through with analysis and presenting this to a mixed audience
If this sounds like the perfect next step into industry for you, this is what you can expect to get in return:
- Two-year fixed term contract (may be extended), offering around £39k
- Generous sign on bonus
- Fantastic opportunities for learning and development
- Inclusive, diverse environment
- 27 Days' holiday + Bank holidays
- An extra day off for your birthday and other time off to take part in volunteering!
- Private health and dental insurance
- Life assurance
- Income protection insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working approach, including flexitime and home working