This is a position that is offering a superb set of benefits, along with the opportunity to work on some breakthrough technologies!
The position available is for a Physicist to developing organic photodetectors (OPDs), evaluate novel materials and architectures and to propose novel approaches to enhance specifications.
The position is based just outside Cambridge, with free parking!
About the Role:
- Propose and co-ordinate experiments
- Fabricate devices
- Carry out optical and electrical characterisations
- Perform analysis of results
- Provide strong scientific contributions to next generation materials by identifying structure property relation, proposals, studies and project meeting discussions
- Distribute results, resolve problems and provide recommendations
- Record your practical work to ensure new IP is accurately documented
- Either a PhD in Physics, Electrical Engineering, etc, OR a relevant degree and equivalent research experience
- Experience in electronics, optoelectronics or semiconductor device physics
- Confident in device characterisation, using test equipment and able to develop novel techniques and systems
- Experienced in fabricating devices in a cleanroom
- Able to follow and improve SOPs
- Able to analyse results, draw conclusions and communicate these to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Appreciation for the time-critical demands of target-driven industrial research and of working with drive and passion to work towards critical deadlines
What's in it for you?
- Permanent opportunity, offering around £38k
- Generous sign on bonus
- Fantastic opportunities for learning and development
- Inclusive, diverse environment
- 27 Days' holiday + bank holidays
- Private health and dental insurance
- Life assurance
- Income protection insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working approach, including flexi-time and home working