This is an opportunity to work for one of Cambridgeshire's most successful organisations! They spun out of the University 30 years' ago and after having pioneered some of today's most impressive tech, they've evolved, broadened their scope and are now creating novel technologies which are contributing to an improved, greener planet.
The role we have available is a Biochemist, as a Post-Doctoral Researcher, to work on an 18-month FTC at their Cambridge based site. This will involve bringing to market the next generation of fluorescent markers for bio applications. Working on the development of fluorescent nanoparticles, you will be involved in developing and optimising high-density DNA based assays for the evaluation of novel bio-functionalised fluorescent nanoparticles. You will also provide feedback on their performance to the material development team, so improvements can be made.
- Either a PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or similar, or a degree with equivalent relevant research experience gained in an industrial or academic environment
- Extensive experience of developing and executing DNA based assays, ideally within the field of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) assay design, digital PCR (dPCR), or quantitative PCR (qPCR)
- Experience in one or more of the following areas
- Use of fluorescence-based materials for the detection of DNA or proteins
- Non-DNA based assays
- Methods for characterizing ligand-analyte interactions (binding kinetics, binding affinity).
- Proactive, methodical and organised approach to work, with superb problem-solving capabilities.
- Someone who is able to communicate clearly on both technical and non-technical levels
- £36,000 - 38,0000 p.a.
- 18-month Fixed Term Contract
- 27 days holiday + UK bank holidays + your birthday off!
- Paid time off to carry out voluntary and charity support work
- Flexible, hybrid working where possible (this role will require significant lab work)
- Private health and dental insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Sponsorship and Visa assistance if required
- Outstanding opportunities for learning and development
- Diverse and inclusive team