Here is an ideal opportunity for a PostDoc Researcher who is looking for a bridge into industry. This Cambridge based organisation are offering you a generous set of benefits, along with the opportunity to work with a team who are identifying and commercialising some breakthrough technologies of the future!
The position available is for a PostDoc Chemist developing Fluorescent Tags used in biomedical applications.
You role will be to contribute to the development of fluorescent nanoparticles, designing and synthesising novel fluorophores which will be used in the company's fluorescent tag products.
What do you need to apply?
- PhD in Organic Chemistry / Organic Materials Science
- Demonstrable experience designing and successfully synthesising novel organic molecules
- Experience solving challenges in organic synthesis
What else would give you the edge?
- Experience in the design and synthesis of fluorescent materials
- Using computational methods to develop materials
- Experience with applications of fluorescent tags
- Project management experience.
If this sounds like the perfect next step into industry for you, this is what you can expect to get in return:
- Two-year fixed term contract (may be extended), offering around £39k
- Generous sign on bonus
- Fantastic opportunities for learning and development
- Inclusive, diverse environment
- 27 Days' holiday + Bank holidays
- An extra day off for your birthday and other time off to take part in volunteering!
- Private health and dental insurance
- Life assurance
- Income protection insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working approach, including flexitime and home working