The One Group are pleased to be working with a leading automotive testing and development consultancy who provide their customers with a range of testing facilities across the automotive, transport, tyre, petrochemical, and defence industries.
My client boasts a range of testing facilities for components and full vehicles which include test tracks, engine dynos, battery testing and crash laboratories and are passionate about the safety, customer service and technical excellence in which they can offer their customers.
They are seeking a Principal Engineer to working across Electrification subsystems within the Technical Sales and Operations Support where you will be a focal point of contact for technical issues related to electrification subsystems testing across batteries, EDU's and high voltage power electronics.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with the Commercial side of the business with an expert technical point of view during the whole sales process and improving response times to customers.
The day-to-day duties include:
Technical Sales Lead (Electrification Subsystems)
- Act as the technical lead for feasibility and approval of non-standard customer quotations
- Identify and coordinate internal and outside resources to deliver a technical solution with the Global Activity Manager - Electrification
- Support development of effective, safe engineering solution and test methods
Operations Technical Support (Electrification Subsystems)
- Provide leadership on test right design and testing
- Support CAPEX evolution
- Seek ways to improve the business and align the team to this activity
What we are looking for:
- Degree in Electrical/Electronic or software engineering
- Understanding of vehicle engineering technology applications related to electrification (Batteries, EDU's and power electronics)
- The ability to understand technical test specs and procedures as well as the ability to design test rigs and deliver tests to specifications
- Ability to create software scripts to automate tasks and to create and analyse electrical/electronic schematics
This is a great opportunity for a Principle Engineer to join a reputable company where they can be involved in Technical Sales and Technical Support for products for the future with Electrification not going anywhere anytime soon.
On offer is a competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package.
If the role sounds of interest then click to apply and Kieran Evans will be in contact to discuss the finer details.