This organisation, based near St Ives, Cambridgeshire is possibly one of my favourite companies to support! It's a wonderfully happy place to work and staff are really supported and encouraged to play an active part in adding to the growing success of the business.
The position available is a Process/Project Development Engineer. Whilst still a hands-on role, they're looking for someone who can manage individual projects and new product development processes.
The R&D facilities there are some of the most impressive I've seen. They are doing some game-changing things with graphene; one of the most fascinating and unique materials to work with!
- Fabrication and scale up of graphene-based sensors and semiconductor devices
- Manage individual projects and NPD processes
- Compile updates for management team reviews
- Document & implement R&D practices, approaches & policies
- Work with external partners and manage their contributions to projects
- Liaise with Research and Production teams to ensure smooth transition of technology into Production
- Refine and standardise Research experiments through Development stage
- Continuous improvement of data capture and analysis throughout the business
- Implementation of systems to maintain equipment effectiveness and increase efficiency
- Good degree in a relevant subject, or suitable equivalent experience
- Knowledge and experience of semiconductor device fabrication
- Great hands-on skills
- Ability to pick up new scientific concepts and technologies quickly
- Ability to juggle several ongoing projects and plan your own workload
- Happy working autonomously and making decisions
- Good IT skills with a basic understanding of coding
The company offer some great benefits and a really supportive and friendly environment to work in. If you are interested in joining a genuine world-leader, then a dedicated consultant would be keen to have a chat with you.