This organisation, based near St Ives, Cambridgeshire is possibly one of my favourite companies to support! It's a wonderfully happy place to work and staff are really supported and encouraged to play an active part in adding to the growing success of the business.
The position available is a Process Development Engineer. Whilst still a hands-on role, they're looking for someone who can manage individual projects and new product development processes. This role is key to supporting the transfer of technology into production through strong liaison between the Research and Production teams and application of sound process engineering techniques.
The R&D facilities there are some of the most impressive I've seen. They are doing some game-changing things with graphene; one of the most fascinating and unique materials to work with!
- Apply process engineering knowledge to the fabrication and scale up of graphene based sensors and semiconductor devices.
- Collect and analyse process data to aid optimisation of the production process and support research and development projects
- Manage individual projects and new product development processes
- Compile updates for management team reviews
- Document & implement R&D practices, approaches & policies
- Work with external partners and manage their contributions
- Effectively communicate results to a wider audience across the business
- Provide timely support to R&D and production teams
- Good degree in a relevant subject, or suitable equivalent experience
- Experience working in a research/production facility developing new products, ideally in a semiconductor / electronic devices environment
- Knowledge and experience of semiconductor device fabrication
- Backgroumd in device packaging
- Experience working with large datasets and statistical analysis packages such as JMP or Minitab
- Great hands-on skills
- Ability to pick up new scientific concepts and technologies quickly
- Ability to juggle several ongoing projects and plan your own workload
- Happy working autonomously and making decisions
The company offer some great benefits and a really supportive and friendly environment to work in. If you are interested in joining a genuine world-leader, then a dedicated consultant would be keen to have a chat with you.