The ONE Group are delighted to be working alongside a market leader in food processing equipment manufacturing. This is a role for a Project/Process Engineer who is looking to take the next step in their career. It will suit someone with a solid engineering knowledge, andideally, an understanding of typical processes used in the food industry.
As the Sales team handover an order, it will be your responsibility to manage the project through to completion. This will include working closely with the client and also internal teams, responsibility for planning the project, timescales, discussing and producing plant layouts and engineering drawings and dealing with process queries from the client with the support of the wider team.
You will also manage any delays and communicate these to the client and generally keep them aware of timescales. Following the completion of manufacture and test, you will organise the pre-delivery inspections and FATs before the order is shipped.
Installation, commissioning and ensuring delivery of training will be part of your role, completing all documentation as you go along. You will need to make sure the financial milestones are met and any variations are acknowledged and communicated back to the Sales team once agreed.
There might be occasional overnight UK trips and even overseas travel involved.
- Experience in a similar role in a process engineering environment, ideally in the Food Processing Industry
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, steam services and fluid mechanics along with a basic understanding of electrical control systems
- Ability to use AutoCAD LT to generate basic layout drawings to present to clients
- Commercial awareness to identify project variations
- An understanding of H&S legislation that apply to industrial machinery equipment and installations
This is a family run company, who have been successful for over 50 years. They're proud to have won some prestigious industry awards. Their modern, manufacturing facilities are based in a beautiful village location on the Cambs / Beds/ Herts border, with plenty of parking! Just a 10-minute drive from the Caxton Gibbet roundabout, it's easily accessible, but you will need to have your own transport.