Are you a Quality Manager with extensive experience within the engineering sector and managing a team of Quality Engineers? Are you passionate about driving and promoting a culture of continuous improvement?
This company is recognised as a leader in their field and this role is pivotal in ensuring that their product designs are engineered for reliability, manufacturability and testability not to mention that suppliers deliver the level of quality expected.
You will provide support and direction across the business for all aspects of the product and process quality so excellent communication & leadership skills are a must. Your team of Quality specialists will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and you will lead them in implementing measurable quality improvements.
With a very strong technical background in a development and/or manufacturing role, you will be able to understand and assist both design and process engineers in practical improvements and issue resolution across a variety of engineering disciplines including electronics, mechanical and software. You will have responsibility for maintaining the QMS as well as ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO27001 accreditation.
Planning & budgeting, prioritisation and allocation of resources as well as developing and reporting quality metrics are also all part of the day to day of this role.
So….what do we need from you?
- Minimum HND in Electronic / mechanical engineering or equivalent experience in a similar role.
- Certification/accreditation in a recognised quality standard (e.g. IRCA Certified Auditor)
- Experience of managing a team of Quality Engineers
- Familiarity with the development lifecycle of complex, electronic, mechanical and software products in volume production
- Experience in quality methodologies, including Lean, six-sigma, 8D, PPAP, APQP, SPC and FMEA
- A technical background with experience in working with technical teams as part of either the development of electronic equipment or implementing manufacturing processes and controls.
- A track record of managing quality improvements across an organisation.
- Strong communication skills, across all levels, internally and externally
- Experience in leading changes through process development using data-based decision making to lead appropriate and effective changes in quality.
- Experience of managing the quality of suppliers across a global supply chain.
- Lead auditor for conducting audits within an organisation and when working with suppliers.
- Implementation and management of business systems to achieve ISO standards' requirements, including ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO27001
What can you expect in return?
- Salary of £60,000 - £75,000 dependent on experience
- Flexible working hours
- Pension, dental care, healthcare, life assurance and income protection
- Discounted gym membership
- Subsidised Hub on site restaurant
- Large, free car parking on site and the availability of electric car charging points
Sounds like you? Apply today with your CV!