The One Group are working with a leading manufacturer of off highway machinery and natural gas and diesel engines who are currently seeking a Regulations and Product Conformity Engineer to support the machine regulatory compliance and safety efforts throughout the development, production, and marketing lifecycles of the assigned products on a contract basis.
The day to duties of the role include:
- Participation in audits to validate machine design is compliant to regulations and safety requirements and lead follow up actions from audits with product groups
- Providing support on safety and compliance aspects of product issues and when appropriate, facilitating a variety of risk assessments with support from PS&C Consultants and storing all documentation in secure location.
- Facilitating & evaluating machine technical file (TCF) creation and maintenance, coordinating with Product groups and support teams for collation of evidence.
- Support homologation activities & planning for roading certification in Germany and Italy and collating documentation for roading certification in EU countries.
- Lead activities to collate all required documentation for registration of machines for various regional certification processes, including Algeria, Tunisia, GCC & EAEU
- Providing input to and support evaluation of functional and technical specifications for NPI programs, with any technical support utilised from resources through Standards and Regulations department in Peoria (PS&C)
- Supporting project planning and scheduling to ensure R&PC activities are appropriately included in NPI / CPI and participate in NPI meetings as needed.
The position will be working closely with the Product Engineering Group, Marketing and Product Support and you will have a lot of interaction with the Legal Services Division and other member of BCP's Regulations and Production Compliance Teams
Applicants must have the following qualifications/experience:
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering or another relevant discipline, or an equivalent qualification.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) both up and down the command chain, and across teams.
- A track record of managing several projects simultaneously.
- Experience of working within a global team environment.
- Sound understanding of construction equipment products and applications.
Additionally the following qualifications/experience will be desirable:
- Experience of working in multiple departments including but not limited to engineering, marketing, product support, manufacturing.
- 6 Sigma DMAIC training
- One or more of the following skills:
- Component and system design.
- Detail oriented in multiple, contiguous projects.
- Change management.
- Strong evaluation and decision quality.
- An understanding of safety principles.
- An understanding of regulations and standards that apply to earthmoving machinery.
- An understanding of BHL / CWL products and applications.
- Conversational German or Italian language.
If the role sounds of interest, then click to apply and Kieran Evans will be in contact to discuss the finer details