When you think about the key differences between a Manager and a Leader, what springs to mind?
To us, the key is in the name. A Manager manages: they plan, organise, coordinate and control. And there's nothing wrong with this - there's a time and a place for it - but now let's consider what a leader does.
A Leader leads. They lead from the front; by example. They say "watch me, let's do it together", rather than "do as I say". They're enthusiastic, driven and know how to motivate their people to get the best possible results in order to create maximum impact. They're inspiring because they're successful in their own right - and they're exceptionally good at mentoring others in order to allow them to also succeed.
Now ask yourself: are you a Leader?
We're assisting a local manufacturer with their search for a Sales Team Leader to jump on board and take charge of their current sales team of 5. This will be a hands-on role which will see the Team Leader leading from the front whilst motivating and coaching a remote team of salespeople. This is a fast-paced and target-driven (yet incredibly people-centric!) role and will require someone who loves to work as part of a team to win.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have direct sales experience - the more direct the better! This could include lead generation in any number of areas, but some good base experience might be in home improvements, electrical goods or utilities (double glazing, broadband, mobile phones, etc.)
- You're someone who gets genuinely excited about making a sale and then can't wait to move onto the next one.
- You're used to KPIs and you're not afraid of working towards targets.
- You've previously worked in a Team Leader capacity, motivating and mentoring other people to be successful (we won't hold it against you if you were called a "Manager" before!)
- You're organized and structured and like to come up with new ways to make processes better.
For more information about the above opportunity to discuss how your skills and experience may lend themselves to the role, please apply today or contact Gina Braithwaite at The ONE Group's Northampton office.