This Cambridge based organisation are offering you a superb set of benefits, along with the opportunity to work with a team who are identifying and commercialising some breakthrough technologies of the future!
I've been involved in a number of hires for them over the last few years. I can honestly say that people who work there love it and will echo how highly I regard them.
I'll tell you a bit more about them…
They invest in novel research opportunities and transfer these to business opportunities. Committed to contributing to a sustainable future, they identify creative and innovative solutions to address key global challenges; in areas such as energy, healthcare and food.
This is an opportunity for a Scientific Patent Analyst to join the IP team. Working closely with key stakeholders, you will be responsible for identifying start-up companies to partner with. The role will involve developing, performing, and analysing comprehensive IP landscapes and other types of IP searches such as patentability, FTO and validity searches.
This position would really suit someone with an interest in Chemistry and how it interfaces with Physics, Microelectronics, Materials and Life Sciences and would like to steer your career into a commercial direction.
Sounds interesting, right?!
What do you need to apply?
- PhD in Chemistry or Biochemistry or a degree with research experience
- Ideally, an awareness of patents/IP - although this can be taught for the right person
- Experience performing accurate reiterations of data and being able to interpret results
- Critical thinking skills, relying on creative and inventive problem-solving abilities
- Presentation skills with sound written and verbal communication
What's in it for you?
- Permanent opportunity, offering up to around £40k
- Generous bonus, from the day you start!
- Fantastic opportunities for learning and development
- 27 Days' holiday + Bank holidays + Your birthday off!
- Private health and dental insurance
- Life assurance
- Income protection insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Generous Pension scheme
- Flexible working approach, including flexitime and home working