We're looking for a Scientist - Surface Biochemistry on behalf of a wonderful company based just outside Cambridge.
They're doing wonderful things with biosensors and need someone to come in and work with the R&D team to build, test and optimise them. It's a fantastic opportunity to join a company who are top of their game and doing things that have not been done before.
Sponsorship, a relocation package and a long list of generous benefits are on offer!
- Optimise surface functionalisation chemistries for the company's biosensor platform
- Develop chemical methods of calibration of assessment of biosensor device performance and relate to electronic measurements
- Perform surface characterisation to determine effectiveness of functionalisation
- Establish hypotheses with regards to observed performance and propose routes forward to improve
- Work together with the rest of the biosensor team to develop and optimise the performance of graphene biosensors for target applications
- PhD in chemistry, biochemistry, surface chemistry or related fields, or equivalent industrial experience
- Experience with surface chemistry and processing
- Experience in Surface chemistry techniques (e.g. AFM, Raman, FTIR) for organic molecules
- Experience working on functionalization of surfaces with biomolecules
- Experience in building, testing and characterising biosensors in any form (eg optical, electrical)
- Experience in Microfluidics
- Experience in working with biological samples
Hit the 'Apply Now' button if you tick these boxes and would like to have a conversation about what this marvellous company can offer you.