The last few years have seen this Cambridge based team grow from strength to strength and they are now looking for a Semiconductor Device & Applications Engineer to carry out materials and device structure design & modelling, device fabrication and testing.
They're a very fun and friendly team who have big plans for the future and their unique technology will certainly be making a big impact on the market!
- Hands-on design, modelling, fabricate and test of compound semiconductor materials and devices
- Managing individual projects and delivering prototypes
- Working closely with others to supporting the development of future material and device technologies
- Working with external academic and industrial partners and customers
- Publishing scientific papers and attending conferences
- Travel to project partner or customer sites, sometimes internationally!
- PhD in semiconductor physics, materials chemistry, materials science or electrical engineering, OR a degree with suitable experience
- Excellent knowledge of semiconductor materials and fabrication technologies
- Proven experience of successfully developing new products and processes of optoelectronic devices
- Cleanroom experience with equipment such as photo- and e-beam lithography, nanoimprint, e-beam and thermal deposition, RIE and ICP dry etching
- Capability to design and develop novel semiconductor devices from the base material
- Experience taking proof of concept technologies through to prototype level
What else would be useful?
(you might not have all of this experience, but some would be great!!)
- Experience of III-nitride semiconductors or other compound semiconductor material and device development
- Background in materials characterisation and testing techniques, such as Raman spectroscopy, AFM, Hall, PL, SEM, XRD, XPS, etc
- Experience in solid state device design and CAD capabilities
- Experience in CMSOL, FDTD and Lumerical modelling capabilities
What's On Offer?
- Competitive salary, depending on your level of experience
- Health & Dental insurance
- Pension plan
- Possible company share options
- Free parking
- Social activities