We're looking for a Senior Electronics Engineer for a very well-established global company based just outside Cambridge. Easily accessible from Cambridge or Ely, there's plenty of free parking for you, pr you can catch the shuttle bus from Cambridge North station. Staff are rewarded with generous benefits, flexible working and also there's a great social environment!
Due to growth, we're looking for an experienced engineer who can design down to board level and take digital circuit designs from concept, specification and design process, right through to software and systems integration and manufacture.
- Understand and analyse clients' requirements
- Design and spec of digital circuitry for products, which includes:
- Owning the complete subsystem design, implementation and test
- Integration with RF, Audio and MMI subsystems
- Specifying and sourcing components
- Carrying out design, integration and test documentation
- Define, implement and look after PCB layout rules and constraints
- Find solutions for any design and integration issues
- Interact with the Software team at device driver level
- Type approval support
- Provide tech support to Production and end users
- Keep project teams updated with progress
You will need…
- A Degree or equivalent in a relevant field
- At least 7 years' electronics design experience
- Experience with microprocessor and microcontroller designs
- Experience with memory subsystems e.g. DDR, Nand, EMMC
- Experience of communication interfaces and buses - USB, SPI, I2C
- Low power circuit design for battery powered products
- Experience interacting with Software teams at device driver level
- Design for EMC/ESD protection
- Design for Manufacturing and Test
- Confident taking the technical 'lead'
- Effective member of a multi-disciplinary team
Any of the following would be especially helpful…
- Design experience relating to any kind of radio products
- Experience designing for signal integrity
- Experience with signal and power integrity simulation tools (e.g. Hyperlynx, Sigrity, ADS etc.)
- Experience of high-speed communications interfaces and buses - e.g. Gigabit Ethernet, USB3.0, PCle etc.
- Design for medium volume product manufacture
This is a cracking opportunity to join a growing company who invest in their staff's futures and also provides some really superb benefits. They have over 100 engineers on site; many who have stayed with this company for a long time, reflecting the great culture and environment that this organisation works hard to maintain. There's a restaurant, showers, breakout areas and a really cool outdoor space! And, what goes without saying is, they have amazing technical facilities that you'll work with.