Working in the Public Sector has never been more valued than it has become over the past year and a half.
This position will continue to carry on the good work from a local government perspective and as such will play a key part in leading the business partnering function of this busy team.
Working closely with both internal and external stakeholders the aim will be to continue to deliver robust reporting to senior management and the local authority.
Looking after a small team your role will be key and duties will include;
- Overseeing the finance support service
- Budget monitoring and setting
- Month and annual accounts close
- Producing statutory accounts and working closely with auditors
- Producing reports for external and internal stakeholders
- Reviewing existing systems and recommending and actioning improvements as appropriate
- Overseeing revenue, capital, collection fund and treasury
- Ad hoc project work
- Deputising for CFO and being the go-to person in their absence
The successful candidate will be a post-qualified accountant who has proven experience working in a public sector role, ideally local government. This may also include having worked in public sector audit while training to become a fully qualified individual.
Strong IT skills are a pre-requisite as you will be expected to be a key individual in the improvement of existing systems as time goes by.
Additionally the right person will be a keen communicator, someone who can speak in plain terms when required and develop and foster strong relationships with stakeholders at varying levels.
Interviews will be taking place towards the end of July. If you have experience in a similar role within the public sector, then please send your CV for immediate consideration and a confidential discussion.