The ONE Group are working with a Cambridge based team on a new role for a Senior Hardware Engineer they are recruiting for. Joining a small team, this is a hybrid-based position where you may work remotely for a couple of days a week and in their South Cambridge based office for the remainder of the time.
Their products are wireless/IoT devices found within the Smart Cities' industry and are found globally, in 400+ cities! Their work is having a fantastic impact on making a greener environment for all and they are committed to lowering their carbon footprint.
Working in a cross-functional team and liaising closely with Software and Manufacturing teams, you will be part of the Hardware team which turns ideas into products and supports the manufacture of both high and low volume products.
- Contribute to product strategy
- Define detailed requirements for hardware
- Circuit design (creating/overseeing schematics and PCB layouts)
- Prepare/test/adapt prototypes
- Define product documentation (specs, BOMs, Change Notes, Concession Notes)
- Investigate and resolve product-related issues
- Liaise with suppliers and partners
- Design verification
- Support product approvals
- Degree in Electronic Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant industrial experience
- Practical electronic skills
- Experience of as many of the following as possible: radio technologies, microprocessors, embedded systems, mains power circuits, communication systems, lighting systems
- Experience in electronic hardware design, environmental testing, EMC/safety/regulatory approvals and an appreciation of mechanical design
- Experience of NPI, design for volume manufacture, manufacturing support and low-level software would be very useful
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative
- £45-61k salary dependant on skills/experience
- Flexi hours and hybrid working
- Personalised learning platform to develop your career
- Diverse, inclusive environment
- Other, excellent benefits
For more information, we'd love to talk to you!