This company are offering a 35-hour flexible week and a generous package for the right individual.
As leaders in the inkjet market, their technology is used to print on a variety of surfaces and formats. They were founded in the Cambridge area nearly 20 years' ago and now have offices globally! They are constantly growing and, subsequently, are looking to add to their team with an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer.
The company promote a supportive, family-feel culture with plenty of opportunity for learning and progression.
- Own and lead projects throughout the product development lifecycle
- Work closely with customers to produce design specifications, sometimes visiting the customer's site (international and domestic travel is occasionally required)
- Design and develop new products from concept through to testing, considering function, cost, compliance and end of life requirements
- Use Solidworks to produce 3D models and manufacturing drawings
- Build and test prototypes
- Validate and verify design function, using calculation and software analysis
- Identify and work with suppliers
- Work closely with production regarding DfM, providing support and relevant engineering documentation
- Carry out engineering experimentation and testing for design verification and standards compliance
- Prepare and present reports and test results.
- Support and advise on existing product Improvements
- Provide guidance and assistance with mechanical design activities
- Support Sales and Marketing in the field with technical specifications and installations
- A relevant engineering degree
- At least 5 years' experience in an R&D environment
- Experience in fluid dynamics - preferably related to inkjet
- Experience in machine design
- Experience in product / component design
- Ability to present design concepts and undertake a multidisciplinary design review
- Word, Excel and Powerpoint proficient
- A full driving license
- Highly motivated, dependable and reliable with a positive, proactive and innovative approach to tackling and solving problems
- Committed to continuous learning and improvement
Get in touch with Jen Richardson at our Cambourne office today for a confidential chat.