2022 is going to be HUGE for this company and as a result, they are growing their team and looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineering Consultant. We're looking for people who have a minimum of 5/6 years' experience working in consultancies or hi-tech, precision industries; think medtech, biotech, aerospace or motorsport and you'll need to have worked extensively in an electronics/mechatronics capacity as well as having the raw mechanical design experience.
The position is based just outside Cambridge but there may also be some travel in Europe/USA to visit clients.
There will opportunities for you to mentor and lead teams as well as working on some of the most ground-breaking projects around. These are likely to be in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors and you will benefit from having a top-notch multi-disciplinary team around you.
This is most definitely a hands-on role which will allow you to work directly with clients from start-ups through to global market leaders. We're looking for genuinely passionate people who are innovative, flexible and technically, quite brilliant!
You will work across the product development lifecycle, from new concept generation and technology validation, through prototyping and full product development, to transfer to manufacture.
- An excellent Degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- 5/6+ years' experience working in a consultancy or precision technology
- Able to technically manage a small team to deliver complex product developments
- Mechanical design experience to include development of new products
- CAD design experience (preferably with SolidWorks and/or CREO)
- Experience of DfM and assembly
- You enjoy being part of a multidisciplinary team and working across a variety of projects of various lengths
Extra beneficial experience:
- Demonstratable medical device development experience
- Mechatronic design experience
- A working knowledge of Kinematic control issues in robotics or complex electromechanical machines
- Analytical skills ranging from tolerance analysis to employing tools such as FEA and Multiphysics modeling (COMSOL), through to first principles engineering calculations, potentially using tools such as MATLAB and MATHCAD
- Experience of designing moulded plastic components
- Project management experience in delivering complex electromechanical products
This company are committed to supporting your targeted career development and will ensure that you are comfortable working in a culture where diversity and inclusion is embraced. They have a slick set of benefits and there is an attractive salary to reflect your level of experience.