This organisation will blow you away with their awesome facilities and warm, friendly culture.
They've won several awards for their contributions to cutting-edge medical device technology, supporting both start-ups and large pharma companies. They're based close to the M11 with easy access by road and rail between both Cambridge and London.
This role is for a Senior Mechanical Engineering Consultant to focus solely on medical devices, working in high-tech labs within their unique working environment.
The role involves:
- Design of medical devices for medium and high-volume manufacture
- Representing the company externally and developing new business, through networking and contributing to proposals
- Interacting with clients and identifying their needs
- Contribute to technical projects
What you will need to get an interview:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or extensive engineering experience in a similar role
- Significant experience in healthtech / medical devices or a similar highly regulated industry
- Demonstrable track record designing and developing medical products and devices, from concept to production, in a device manufacturing or consultancy environment
- Experience of detailed design and analysis of components for high volume manufacture
- New business development experience
- Broad range of knowledge and experience of manufacturing processes
What other experience/skills would give you the edge?
- CAE (FEA, CFD, dynamics/motion analysis, math modelling)
- Consultancy experience
- Track record of mentoring people
- Systems engineering experience, including design, definition and testing
- Experience managing the industrialisation of devices through high-speed automated assembly processes
- Solid understanding of the drug delivery market
- Good understanding of key industry standards and regulations including ISO 13485, 14971, 21CFR Part 820
- Use of Solidworks and/or Pro E
What's on offer?
- Salary in line with your experienc
- 9% contributory pension
- Profit share scheme
- Private Medical and Employee Assistance Programme
- Rising holiday, starting at 26 days + bank holidays - you can also top-up!
- Unpaid sabbatical available after 5 years
- Life insurance 4 x annual salary
- Income protection
- Cycle to work scheme, with a heated bike shed!
- Social activities