This company design and manufacture products which are supplied globally, to a range of industries. They're at the forefront of what they do and are constantly growing!
The ONE Group are proud to partner with them in recruiting for a Senior NPI Engineer. The company are based not too far from Cambridge. Just outside of the city and easily accessible from Cambridge or Ely, with loads of free parking or a shuttle bus from Cambridge North rail station. They reward their staff with all sorts of generous benefits including flexible working. There's also a great social environment!
In this role, you will be involved in the whole lifecycle of product development from concept and prototype stages, right through to production and support. We're looking for someone with a solid background in DFMA, who can own process development from SMT through to final assembly and the product going out the door. We'll also need you to have experience working with contract manufacturers to introduce new products and processes.
About the role…
- Owning the mechanical, electronic and support aspects of introducing NPD into the supply chain
- Ensuring the supply chain and sub-contract manufacturers are prepared for production and supported with any issues
- Developing, implementing, documenting and qualifying new manufacturing equipment and processes
- Defining rules for DfM and assembly
- Managing prototype builds, supporting root cause analysis of issues and coming up with corrective actions
- Creation/review of supplier work instructions
- Ensuring internal teams are prepared for the introduction of the new product
- There will be some travel, a so full, clean driving licence and your own car is required (travel expenses paid)
- Either a strong academic record including a scientific or engineering degree or plenty of relevant experience in a similar Engineering role
- NPI/Manufacturing/Production/Process Engineer with 5+ years' electro-mechanical product manufacturing experience
- Significant experience of end-to-end NPI process, from project concept through to production ramp
- Good understanding of electro-mechanical production processes such as SMT & electro-mechanical assembly
- Knowledge of medium to high volume product assembly and test
- Commercially aware with effective customer service skills
- Experience of working with European or Far Eastern contract manufacturers
- Knowledge of low-cost manufacturing techniques
- Understanding of Injection Moulding process and/or aluminium casting processes
- Experience of working in a medium size 'high tech' company
- Good project planning and estimation
- Experience of working with formal PLM systems (Oracle Agile)
As I said, some excellent benefits are on offer and these include flexible working, pension, dental and healthcare, wellbeing support, discounted gym membership, on-site restaurant, free parking and electric charging points and an active social scene!