This company are developing a clean, sustainable global 21st century high-density energy storage system, using unique polymers.
Based in South Cambridgeshire, their quirky offices and labs are based within a delightful setting of stunning parkland surroundings. They offer an impressive set of benefits, along with extensive career opportunities as the company grows.
During the last few months, The ONE Group have been delighted to have helped them expand their R&D team and we couldn't have wished to support a more friendly team of people.
This is a NEW role for a Senior Polymer Process Development Engineer and an awesome opportunity to lead teams through a very exciting phase in the company's growth as they scale-up.
- Push validation forward and implement it into new prototypes
- Lead development and optimisation of prototype production processes, improving consistency and performance
- Help manage the interface between research and prototype development teams
- Ensure Technicians keep a steady flow of materials for prototype development
- Work towards long term manufacturing strategies considering potential future commercial applications and products
- Support Polymer Scientists and Electrochemists through their research
What do you need to apply?
- Relevant science or engineering degree
- At least 5 years' experience in R&D
- Process development and optimisation experience, working with chemical products
- Knowledge of polymer production processes and experience in the scaling-up of formulations or processes from bench to pilot line
- Project management experience
- Experience leading small teams to achieve short/medium term goals
- Knowledge of product development methodologies
- Experience creating and managing SOPs, work instructions and QC specs
- You enjoy working hands-on in a x-disciplinary team environment with early-stage technology
What would give you the edge?
- Experience with batteries, supercapacitors, fuel cells, electrolysers or other energy storage and conversion technologies
What you can expect in return:
- Salary in line with your experience and what you can offer
- Share options
- Beautiful, spacious, parkland setting, with an on-site golf course!
- On-site gym (indoor and outdoor facilities), award winning restaurant and a café bar
- Free parking, shuttle bus from the local rail station and dedicated buses from central Cambridge
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Life assurance policy - 4 x salary
- Specsavers eye care vouchers
- Sports and social events