We're expecting massive growth in 2022 for this Cambridge based company and as a result, they are growing their mechanical engineering team and are hiring a Senior Product Developer. We're looking for people who have a minimum of 8 years' experience working in consultancies or hi-tech, precision industries; think medtech, biotech, aerospace or motorsport and you'll also need to have a strong electronics/mechatronics appreciation to compliment your product development experience.
The position is based just outside Cambridge but there may also be some travel in Europe/USA to visit clients.
There will opportunities for you to mentor and lead teams as well as working on some of the most ground-breaking projects around. These are likely to be in the medical, industrial, consumer and food & beverage sectors and you will benefit from having a skilled and experienced multi-disciplinary team around you.
This is a hands-on role which will give you exposure to working directly with clients, from start-ups through to global market leaders. We're looking for genuinely passionate people who are innovative, flexible and technically, ahead of the curve.
You will work across the product development lifecycle, from new concept generation and technology validation, through prototyping and full product development, to transfer to manufacture.
- An excellent Degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- 8+ years' product development experience working in a consultancy or precision technology
- Project management experience in delivering complex electromechanical products
- Able to technically manage a small team to deliver complex product developments
- Mechanical design experience to include development of new products
- You enjoy being part of a multidisciplinary team and working across a variety of projects of various lengths
Extra beneficial experience:
- CAD design experience (preferably with SolidWorks and/or CREO)
- Analytical skills ranging from tolerance analysis to employing tools such as FEA and Multiphysics modeling (COMSOL), through to first principles engineering calculations, potentially using tools such as MATLAB and MATHCAD
- Mechatronic design experience
- Experience of design for manufacture and assembly
This company are committed to supporting your targeted career development and will ensure that you are comfortable working in a culture where diversity and inclusion is embraced. They have a slick set of benefits and there is an attractive salary to reflect your level of experience.