The ONE Group are looking for experienced Supplier Quality Engineers for a Cambridge based, global company who make equipment which is used within the semiconductor industry. Being part of a large, international company, which has been around for nearly 40 years is great, but you will also benefit from the close-knit, family-feel environment that the Cambridge hub has to offer you. They're based just outside the city, with free parking and good transport routes.
Working as part of the wider Quality team, your role will be to ensure products and components are supplied to required standards and the customers' expectations. Reporting to the Quality Manager, you'll support continuous improvement and process compliance and liaise with internal teams to support new projects and suppliers' introduction. There will be some supplier visits, so some flexibility will be required.
- Identify the causes of supplier failures
- Co-ordination / management of CI projects
- Supplier audits to company and ISO 9001 guidelines
- Advanced quality planning
- Work with suppliers to improve quality of incoming materials
- FAI samples and reports
- Develop control plans
- Manage supplier documentation
- Internal auditing
- Approving new suppliers
- Technical Degree or equivalent
- Proven experience in a manufacturing environment (ideally precision machined parts).
- Experience of working within a ISO9001/AS9100/ NADCAP certified company
- Qualification and experience in Quality auditing
- Experience with Supplier Performance Management
- Able to work with and influence suppliers effectively to improve quality
- Pragmatic solution-oriented but with skills to think strategically
- Methodical, committed to quality and willing to work under pressure
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Good understanding of machining, engineering, workshop practices
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP system
- Capable of understanding and working from engineering drawings
For more info on the salary and company, get in touch for a chat!