This new fast-paced and busy Quantity Surveyor role has been created due to company expansion and offers a great opportunity for someone to monitor and develop a trainee QS.
Spanning the civils and groundworks market services offered by this respected specialist sub-contractor cover trenching, ducting, drainage, foundations, concrete works, streetworks and groundworks preparation of tarmac.
Projects are of diverse size and timescale ranging from a single day to long-term contracts with commercial clients within but not limited to the MOD, supermarkets, petrol stations, hospitals, schools and holiday parks.
As a QS you will be responsible for all aspects of pricing as well as delivering a continuous flow of projects and services for clients.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Estimating and measuring incoming tenders
- Preparing monthly valuations on projects
- Ensuring that the clients have visibility and clarity on what can be delivered on site and within their budget constraints
- Train and monitor a trainee QS
- presenting accurate, detailed information on the cost of individual elements of work on a regular basis to enable payment or those works carried out to date
- managing costs to make sure that the initial budget isn't exceeded
- arranging sub-contractor payments and, at the end of a job, settling the final accounts
- provide financial advice and monitor progress for the client
- Reviewing project terms and conditions of contract
- Assisting with / managing procurement of sub-contractors
- Attending project / site meets with clients anywhere in the UK
- Cost planning and control
- Preparing cost and value reports internally
To apply for this position you need to be an experienced QS ideally from the groundworks or civils marketplace.
You should also have an honest and upfront approach to business, be based in the East Midlands or East Anglia or Northern Home Counties and have a willingness for some occasional UK-wide travel to project sites.
On offer is a salary of up to £70,000 plus car allowance.
For more information or to apply contact Natalie on 07879886236 or