The One Group are working with a leading independent Aerospace and Defence company who deliver innovative and excellent engineering, support solutions and services to customers in air, on land and at sea.
They are seeking a buyer to join their reputable business on a 6-month FTC. My client employ over 6000 people and have a turnover more than £2.7 billion.
The company specialise in conversions and modifications of military and business aircraft and their capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, and testing.
Due to recent success, they are looking for an experienced Technical Buyer who is an expert in their field to manage a portfolio of suppliers.
The day-to-day responsibilities of the Technical Buyer include:
- Perform routine day-to-day activities associated with products and services administering expediting purchase order
- Manage MRP requirements to satisfy production schedules and implement appropriate recovery plans
- Receive BOM and carry out systems checks on materials and services to be supplied to projects and shipping requirements
- Negotiate with suppliers on obtaining best prices and lead times
- Deal with customers and suppliers on queries regarding contract and supply chain issues
What we are looking for:
- Manufacturing procurement experience (being able to read technical drawings and engineering background preferred)
- Strong communicator with a good understanding of techniques to drive quality and cost improvement
- The ability to build supplier relationships
- Strong understanding of MS applications and sound knowledge of MRP and other planning systems
- Strong problem solver who finds solutions and think outside the box
If you are a Technical Buyer from an engineering background looking to join an innovative company who are at the forefront of delivering innovative and excellent engineering capabilities to their customers, then this could be the role.
On offer is a healthy salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to start a career within a fantastic company.
If the role sounds of interest, then click to apply and Kieran Evans will be in contact with you to discuss the finer details.