Some of the world's most genius engineering and scientific solutions have come out of this Cambridgeshire based R&D consultancy. They are a multi-disciplinary team of experts who enjoy solving tricky problems and coming up with world-changing innovations for clients.
This position is for a Physical Chemistry Scientific Consultant to work on medical devices and diagnostics systems. This is your opportunity to work across a wide span of industries, tackling a variety of problems that ultimately lead to real-world innovations.
- A robust academic background in areas related to physical chemistry and biophysics
- Experience, preferably to PhD level, in the development of "applied solutions" - medical devices, optical, fluidic, new materials or sensing / measurement technologies
- An understanding of biological molecules at the level of physics
- Ability to take physics first principles combined with electronics skills and build something to experiment on
- Direct experience working with hardware and devices, rather than just the wet assays aspects
What else would be useful?
- Hands-on development of laboratory sensing and measurement equipment
- Algorithm development for sensing applications
- Product development in a commercial environment
What's in it for you?
- You will join a company who embrace diversity, individuality and who are committed to supporting you develop your career
- Superb salary dependent on your level of experience
- 15% Bonus
- Pension, where you contribute 3% and the employer contributes 8%
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + the opportunity to 'buy' up to 5 extra days
- Medical cover
- Flexible, hybrid working
…. And much, much more!