The ONE Group are looking for an experienced Technician who has experience testing medical devices.
This is an opportunity to be a key member of the Testing team, working in world-class workshops and labs within this friendly, supportive team.
- Test method development and functional testing at all stages of the development process, from early concept through to verification - This typically includes physical and environmental stress conditioning, detailed inspections, physical dimensional measurements, force and torque testing
- Support project teams in planning and delivering test work, including some supervision of colleagues or contractors
- Produce high quality test data and, interpret and present findings to the project team and client
- Prepare technical documentation, e.g. test methods, test protocols and reports with reference to all appropriate medical device regulations and standards
- Support change through training and adoption of best practices.
- Contribute to technical investigations, including non-conformances
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers
- Ideally a technical degree, or plenty of experience in a similar role
- Extensive experience writing detailed protocols and performing high quality test work
- Experience of working in a medical or drug delivery device testing programme
- Knowledge of test methodologies for functions of medical or drug delivery devices
- Proficiency in the use of data analysis tools and statistical analysis (ideally Minitab)
- Track record in developing complex or novel testing methodologies
- Structured and methodical problem-solving approach
- Detailed understanding of ISO standards and industry guidance for medical devices testing
- Working knowledge of quality management systems, including cGxP and ALCOA principles of data management and integrity
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to technical and non-technical audiences, including clients
- Versatility to work diligently and effectively as part of several projects
- Methodical approach to tasks, with an eye for detail
What's in it for you?
- 9% Contributory pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 24hr Employee Assistance Programme
- Profit share scheme
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays
- 1 day's additional holiday after every 5 years, capped at 31 days
- Holiday top-up scheme
- 6 months unpaid sabbatical available after 5 years of service
- Life insurance 4 x annual salary
- Income protection
- Cycle to work scheme - they even have a heated bike shed!
- Social activities